National Response Department (NRD) officers of the Royal Solomon Island Police Force (RSIPF) have successfully completed the second week of Daniels Defence Rifle User Training Program.
The training included:
- Exposure to the new firearm including different parts, operating components and accessories;
- Use of advanced sighting systems and various other accessories on the firearm;
- Different degrees of weapon readiness including load, action and unload;
- Practicing stoppage drills. This is about making the firearm operational after experiencing an empty magazine or obstruction;
- Dry firing and handling practice without any live ammunition;
- Live firing on the range and transition from primary firearm to secondary firearm;
- Learning to use the firearm at night using its light source;
- Shooting from a various positions including lying prone on the ground, kneeling, sitting and standing;
- Engage threats swiftly and move at the same time; and
The RSIPF Contingents now successfully completed week two of the five weeks training and looking forward to the completion of this training course.